Solutions Engineer - Digital Transformation Office - CIO Office
- New York, NY
The Digital Transformation Office partners with Engineering and cross-divisional leadership across the firm to drive our Firmwide Digital Strategy. Digital Strategy is one of the key pillars of the firm's One Goldman Sachs (OneGS) strategy, which aims to deliver the entire firm to meet the holistic needs of clients looking for a greater array of products and services from all parts of the firm. It will deliver differentiated and innovative technology and data solutions through robust and consistent digital experiences on desktop, mobile and application programming interfaces (APIs). The transformation team is responsible for designing and implementing governance mechanisms, technology solutions, and best practices that will support the firm's OneGS digital strategy to further enhance clients' experience and the firm's operational efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with Engineering and cross-divisional stakeholders to deliver systematized tooling and integrated infrastructure for governance mechanisms and capabilities required to effectively support the firm's OneGS digital strategy.
• Solicit stakeholder input and coordinate among multiple groups to inform requirements.
• Understand, document, and re-engineer existing processes in order to maximize product and platform development efficiencies in our constantly evolving environment.
• Explore, pilot and integrate vendor / third party solutions where applicable.
• Coach and mentor junior team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 6+ years of relevant professional working experience.
• Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• In-depth programming experience in a complied language such as Java, or interpreted such as Python.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Applies an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
• Results-oriented, comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
• Self-directed team lead with the ability to drive high performance and work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Effectively manages change and balances strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution.
• Strong knowledge of business management capabilities (OKRs, program management, vendor management, financial planning and analysis).
• Strong knowledge of data management and analytics (and related business intelligence tools like Qlik and Tableau), and product management disciplines.
• Strong knowledge of workflow design/implementation and business process modeling/re-engineering.
• Prior experience in the financial services (or related) industry.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top