Software Engineer-Operations Engineering
- New York, NY
Our clients increasingly require high throughput straight through processing systems handling large amounts of data, which is driving a re-architecture of our current platforms. Post Execution Derivatives Engineering team is looking for software developers who can deliver technology solutions to enable new business activities, allow businesses to scale up, and satisfy the needs of a wide range of functions.
We are a highly innovative team building an architecture from scratch, and we take full ownership of our systems. The projects that you work on will contribute to creating a set of platforms, services and APIs that can be used for multiple business needs, and which you will help design, build and deliver.
This role will enable you to grow technical depth and expertise, and you will be working closely with senior technical experts. You will also have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of derivative products and their life cycle.
The technologies we use are broad, with our technology stack consisting of at least Java, React, Redux, MongoDB, SQL, Apache Spark, Scala and Slang (an in-house language similar to Python). We are building large scale distributed ecosystem that can process tens of millions of trades in near real time and deliver to services such as confirmation, payments and settlements, clearing, global regulators and distribute information to various firm functions in near real time and over OLAP/Big Data platforms. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business, and apply best software development practices will be key to your success in this role.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You will be responsible for creating post-execution position and activity data models across asset classes, for analysing data and using those data models, and creating APIs as interfaces for trade processing and data consumption. As a team member, you will have to interact with subject matter experts per asset class and per post execution functions.
- Design and implement scalable APIs for data access and distribution across asset classes.
- Ability to analyze data requirements and data patterns in order to create, enhance and use data models.
- Design and implement real time services for instantiating data models across asset classes.
- Become subject matter expect by connecting asset classes and post execution services
- Work in a fast-paced environment with diverse global teams
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field: Computer Science, Engineering
- Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
- Excellent programming skills in a major programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Experience designing scalable and reliable systems, with a focus on APIs / modularity
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- 3+ Years of experience in data modelling and creating APIs.
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly in multiple asset classes and post execution processing.
- Passion for learning financial instruments and new technologies
- Experience working with large-scale low-latency distributed systems, and data-driven environments.
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top