Software Engineering Technical Lead - Ayco - CIMD Tech
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
Engineers at Goldman are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- You approach problem solving with an open mind within the context of a team
- You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- You manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- You develop, plan for, and lead engineers to execute on, clearly defined software functionality aligned with identified business objectives.
- You collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- You analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- You update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience leading a cross-functional technology team
- Experience with Java or other relevant Object Oriented development language
- Web development experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of XML and JSON
- Source Control Management systems (i.e., SVN, Git)
- An understanding of common application architecture design patterns (i.e., MVC, MVVM)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top