Software Engineer - Transaction Banking
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As part of our global team you will be responsible for the specification, development, testing, delivery and support of our brand new Payment Orchestration and Execution Platform. Payments lay at the heart of what we are doing in Corporate Cash Management and our mission is to build a market leading payment platform that meets our corporate client's needs. We are starting with a clean slate and one singular goal in mind: Build a highly scalable, resilient, 24x7 available cloud-based payment platform that our corporate clients can rely on to run their businesses. This role offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the inception phase of a brand new business within Goldman Sachs and you will be required to contribute to the vision, propose ideas and drive the implementation of our payment platform. Our flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software life-cycle and closely collaborate with product owners, business and operations users. We are looking for someone with lots of energy that enjoys engineering challenges and has a passion to deliver high quality technology products and is able to operate in a highly fluid, rapidly changing environment. If that's you, we would like to hear from you.
- As part of our global team you will work on various technologies and components as a Software Engineer. Your role includes specification, development, as well as the testing and roll-out of new features focusing on code quality, automation, testability and security. Payment systems, due to their criticality present unique engineering challenges around resiliency, availability and scale.You will have the opportunity to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap and contribute to building an engineering culture within our global team. We expect the successful candidate to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about software engineering. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts. A good understanding of the Cloud and Container concepts is a plus. You will also be responsible to develop supportable software and liaise with various teams to factor in their requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing Collaborate with global cross functional teams in building customer-centric products Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders Must be passionate about technology and engineering Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience leveraging test-driven development methodologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum/Kanban)
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Proficiency in SQL/RDBMS
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top