Software Engineer - Securities Lending Technology - VP/Associate
- Hong Kong
Securities Lending is a technology intensive business that provides our clients and traders with all the tools and services to run their business. In Securities Lending Technology we regularly review new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly enhancing and expanding our platform to offer clients more products, alpha, richer features and creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Securities Lending facilitates the short sale of securities, helping our clients manage risk and maintain liquidity. We offer industry-leading insights into global securities lending flow, superior access to asset supply, and unparalleled borrow protection.
Securities Lending builds the technology that powers the Securities Lending business, in which GS is the global market leader. We design and develop world-class in-house platforms that provide pre-trade and trade functionality, trading analytics, reporting, and post trade operational functionality, ensuring our business maintains its competitive edge.
We build innovative technology solutions for our business, allowing them to serve hedge fund clients and institutional lenders. Our highly technical team, partner and work together with traders in delivering solutions with a particular focus on micro services and trader UX. We're agile, global and diverse. We currently have a strong focus on strategically scaling businesses, servicing client volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Our Securities Lending role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment as a part of the global team.
- You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, and facilitating internal/external trading flows.
- You will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems in a global team with opportunity to lead over time
- You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. Our primary technologies are Java and Web development. Our end to end technology stack runs the firm's Securities Lending business.
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
- You will work closely with the global Sec Lending tech team demonstrating strong communication skills and initiative
- You work closely with the Sec Lending and other GS execution desks to partner, understand business requirements and objectives
- You will look to drive technical decisions and design, empowered to deliver highly testable and scalable solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional experience developing deterministic high performance, low latency systems
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven quantitative analysis and optimization
- Working experience in the financial industry
- Financial knowledge and understanding of Prime, Stock Loan products
- Prior experience with C# programming languages
- Experience in front office development, building HFT, sales trading platforms
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top