Software Engineer - Risk Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Risk Engineering combines the principles of Computer Science, Mathematics and Finance to produce large scale, computationally intensive calculations of risk Goldman Sachs faces with each transaction we engage in. Working across Credit, Market, Liquidity and Operations risk, the Risk Engineering Systems Reliability Team has an opportunity for an Associate level Systems Engineer to work across a broad range of applications and technologies to keep the suite operating at peak efficiency and compliant with Goldman Sachs best practices.
Are you interested in learning about risk or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As an Engineer in the Risk Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management (credit, market, liquidity, operational and model risk). You will work with a team of talented engineers to drive the build & adoption of common tools, platforms and applications. Risk Applications, Platforms and Data (RAPD) team identifies problems across Risk and engineers solutions to monitor and manage Risk in a timely and reliable manner. The team builds solutions that are offered as a software product or as a hosted service. We are a dynamic team of talented developers and architects who partner with business areas and other technology teams to deliver high profile projects using a raft of technologies that are fit for purpose (Java, Cloud computing, HDFS, Spark, S3, ReactJS, Sybase IQ among many others). A glimpse of the interesting problems that we engineer solutions for, include acquiring high quality data, storing it, performing risk computations in limited amount of time using distributed computing, and making data available to enable actionable risk insights through analytical and response user interfaces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Risk
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Build strong relationships with business partners and front line risk managers
- Lead talented software engineers who are passionate about identifying patterns and building common solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in team lead
- Strong programming experience in at least one language
- Comfortable with working with multiple languages
- Technologies: Scala, Java, Python, Spark, Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant)
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top