Software Engineer - Regulatory Engineering
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Regulatory Engineering division contains teams which focus on a range of business functions such as Regulatory Reporting, Reg Eligibility and Traceability controls spanning across the business units. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Regulatory Engineering Team is a global team based in New Jersey, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Warsaw and Bangalore.
The role requires experience of Big Data and Core Java technologies, strong analytical and SQL skills and a good knowledge of shell scripting. In addition to the technical challenges the candidate will be exposed to a continually growing, complex and interesting business. Interaction with business users from various areas is a key part of this role. The ideal candidate will be a good team player with excellent communications skills able to work independently and with the global team reporting regionally and globally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILL / EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years' experience with a proven track record in implementing Core Java and database applications
- Real Time Processing systems with throughput and reliability, Web services and good concepts of SOA.
- Experience building REST Services
- Web UI experience with React JS, HTML 5 or Angular JS working knowledge is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Big Data and Database skills including Performance tuning & optimization
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience working with messaging and parallel transaction processing systems
- Strong analytical, communications and client-facing skills
- Should demonstrate strong ownership skills
- Should be able to work under pressure and execute projects independently.
- Strong team player who must be able to listen, explain and help. Will be working with a global development team in New Jersey, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Warsaw and Bangalore.
- 2+ years' technology experience (preferably in a financial institution)
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top