MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. Within Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies. Risk Management and Financing provide financing solutions and risk models that allow hedge fund managers to execute a wide range of investment strategies within a framework that is predictable and reliable across all market conditions.
Prime Risk Technology provides products and services that broadly cover margin lending risk, clearing risk and trading risk for Prime Services clients in the PB, Futures, GSEC, and DCS businesses. We implement complex house and regulatory margin calculators, provide real time monitoring for client trading activity and build a suite of tools, reports, and risk analytics for internal Risk Managers and Margin Ops in addition to providing interactive web tools for external clients through the firm's Marquee platform.
The Prime Services Risk Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to calculate Risk and Margin, and provide transparency back to clients on how we derive those requirements. In addition we provide realtime intraday visibility allowing our Risk Managers to see how current market conditions and client trading are affecting their portfolios. Finally we provide significant tooling to do pre-canned and adhoc analytics for Risk to help them review client and business impact of actual or theoretical market events or new business. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as working directly with Risk Managers and Strats in a technology-intensive group. Client demands and high trading volumes put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies while gaining a strong understanding of what drives our business.
This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business and operations, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Services Risk space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
- The candidate will work on large scale platforms that deliver margin and risk solutions to clients as part of our Prime Digital Strategy multi-year initiatives
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components within Risk Technology
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and maintenance of that platform.
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Risk / Strat professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the platform.
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions.
- The candidate is expected to be able to use the right technology solution for the problems, and demonstrate ability across multiple languages
- Very strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of Core Java, C++ or Python development experience
- 2+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- 2+ years OO design/development
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to work with multiple languages on the same project
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- Test Driven development
- Experience with working with large sets of data
- Financial market knowledge
- RESTful web services / API centric designs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity