Software Engineer - Networks
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
NetEng Software team is responsible for developing and integrating software products for automating all aspects of networking and network security infrastructure. The team is developing a network automation platform for Firewall, DHCP/DNS, Load Balancer, and other network infrastructure components on the Cloud and on premise. The team also integrates vendor solutions such as AVI, NS1, and Bluecat for DNS, DHCP, and IP management. We expect the successful candidate to be intimately familiar with software development and network fundamentals. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop software to automate networking and network security in the firm.
• Integrate vendor solutions such as AVI, NS1, or Bluecat to automate DNS/DHCP and IP management software
• Engineer IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions for networking and network security
• Work with RESTful web services, distributed database technologies, and network devices like firewalls and routers to build cutting automation software
• Ensure that all platforms take into account the Firm's Cloud Computing strategy, and are able to interact with external Cloud providers such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) and GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • 3+ years of experience in software development and/or DevOps
• • Experience with running and troubleshooting software on the Linux platform
• • Understanding of networking fundamentals such as DNS/DHCP
• • Understanding of cyber security practices, including firewalls, WAFs and proxies
• • Previous experience with RESTful web services and should be comfortable with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing high-quality, easily testable code
• • Hands-on experience with NodeJS and ReactJS with Redux
• • Proven work experience in Java or other JVM based language development, and experience with test frameworks like JUnit and Mockito
• • Experience with containers and Kubernetes
• • Experience with Terraform or other IaaS solutions
• • Experience with database technologies such as MongoDB
• • Experience with search engines such as ElasticSearch
• • Experience with messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top