MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
MARCUS: PLATFORM ENGINEERING
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the consumer fintech division of Goldman Sachs. We help millions of consumers by providing financial products such as loans, savings, credit cards, investments, and financial analysis tools. Our partnership with Apple to build the Apple Card resulted in one of the largest and most successful credit card launches ever.
The Platform Engineering team owns shared services and platforms used across all consumer banking products for functions such as user profile and identity management, authentication, and authorization. We use modern architecture principles and technology, a collaborative development process, and a continuous delivery approach. Key tenets that we apply when designing systems for our customers are: value, transparency, and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on automated, data driven decision processes using predictive analytics and machine learning. Our system architecture consists mainly of microservices built using Spring Boot, Vert.x, Kafka, and MongoDB running in Amazon ECS.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
- Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. The same calibre of work is given to engineers located in US, Europe and Asia
- BSc or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, JUnit
- Experience working with Restful web services
- Comfortable with Agile Operating Models
- Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Familiarity with high-scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
- Expertise delivering SOA or microservices architecture
- Understanding of the principles of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and System Reliability Engineering
- Cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
- Experience in designing distributed systems
- Practical Test Driven Development
- High-scale performance optimizations
- Fintech experience will be a great asset
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity