Software Engineer - Listed Clearing (Strategic Post Trade Processing- Associate)
The role is to be the technical guardian of the production platform for the region. The engineer will ultimately responsible to ensure the global market post-trade systems can scale with volumes. This includes ensuring the systems are resilient and have capacity to deal with high volume days and significant additional flows. They will work closely with both businesses and application teams to ensure they meet these capacity targets and to ensure there are clear SLOs for their systems going forward. The engineer will also ensure that independent monitoring is in place to ensure there are early detection of issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work with the businesses across the region to ensure there are clear targets for capacity.
- Work with application system owners to develop effective SLOs that capture business needs.
- Develop effective monitoring solutions and infrastructure to support large real-time systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Experience automating operational tasks
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying DevOps principles to novel problems and systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top