MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
The Inventory Management Engineering team is focused on driving down the cost of the firm's funding in order to maximize our adjusted P&L. To achieve this, the team is working on various initiatives to increase our funding efficiency through the use of data driven tools. At the core we are creating a new platform which tracks the firm's inventory in real time and executes optimized movements, ultimately impacting critical trading decisions. Written in Java, our brand new platform will leverage Kafka for event sequencing and operational research algorithms for optimization in order to manage billions of dollars' worth of the firm's cash and securities inventory. In addition, we are developing tools to provide better visibility and control over intra-day liquidity and partnering with Securities Lending Technology to evolve our payment incentive and accruals offering.
We work closely with Prime Services and the Synthetics Product Group (SPG) who provide clients with equities financing and securities lending services. In this role you will be a part of a global team of engineers developing new software - replacing less efficient, disparate systems with state-of-the-art applications to manage inventory. The role will also involve building real-time analytics and visualizations of recommendation results to provide traders with intuitive interfaces to allow them to act decisively.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As part of our team, you will participate in projects to continue building our new applications hence directly impacting the firm's inventory management capability. Our team members:
- Create highly scalable systems; build services, web applications and analytics.
- Lead the design and development process working closely with traders and other user groups.
- Analyze requirements, investigate available technologies, and build proof-of-concepts.
- Provide timely updates on milestone deliverables and statuses of projects to management.
- Mentor junior developers on the team globally.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience leading requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of a significant project or system.
- Strong programming experience in Java, Python, C, C++ or equivalent language (for backend developers).
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms.
- High performance & throughput server side programming.
- Well versed with software development lifecycle and associated tools for version control, build, deployment, testing and controls.
- Experience with messaging technologies like Apache Kafka and analytics engines such as Apache Spark.
- SQL and NoSQL Database experience, knowledge of temporal databases would be beneficial.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity