Software Engineer - Inventory Management
- Bangalore, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Prime Services and Synthetics Product Group(SPG) provide clients with equities financing and securities lending services. A global team of engineers and quants is fundamental part of this franchise involved in design and development of highly scalable platforms and algorithms that help drive various business functions. We are responsible for build and maintenance of trading systems, workflow applications, inventory optimization including securities and cash management.
In this role, you will be a part of a global team of engineers involved in development of a trading platform - It will replace existing less efficient disparate systems currently deployed to manage trades and workflows. Role will also involve building real-time analytics, visualization of results of recommendations and provide traders and other front-office personnel with interactive interface to perform workflow actions.
- Build highly scalable processes to consume different types of input such as client balances, trades and reference data
- Build robust controls for access to data and to handle requests from users and other systems
- Develop web services for interoperability and exchange of information with other systems
- Develop analytics and interactive visualization tools that provide real-time metrics, historical trends, audit and signals
- Develop user friendly web applications and workflow tools for front-office users
- Be responsible for prompt resolution of user queries
- Strong experience of programming in Java, Python, C, C++ or equivalent language
- Knowledge of Object oriented design, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of RDBMS such as Sybase/Oracle/DB2 or an equivalent technology
- Knowledge of developing and deployment of processes on a Unix/Linux based environment
- Well versed with software development lifecycle and familiarity of associated SDLC tools for version control, build, deployment, testing and controls
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrate initiative and commercial impact
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3 to 5 years of financial industry experience
- High performance & throughput server side programming is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top