Software Engineer -IMD Mosaic - IMD Technology
- Bangalore, India
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Digital innovations to shape client experience and enable our Institutional and Third-Party Distribution (TPD) salesforce with the tools required to best serve our clients. Improve the client service experience through straight-through-processing automation and commitment tracking and execution.
The CIMD Mosaic Engineering team focuses on providing our institutional clients with the best platform to execute investments into various liquidity products via our UI or APIs. We partner with solution specialists and sales to continually design and deliver the best experience for our clients in trade execution, fund research, and performance analysis. The Mosaic platform is and has been a profitable digital asset for the firm for over 10 years.
As an engineer on the Mosaic team, you will be one the main drivers helping evolve our product strategy as we continue to ensure we are a market leader. This will involve you being asked to come up with creative and commercial solutions to the various problems the team is tackling, and also for us to be able to lean on your leadership when executing those choices.
We are looking for engineers who can drive a whole feature from design to execution, as well as engineers who can deep dive why an API is taking half a second longer than it should. Our team has a large variety of problems to tackle across the entire stack.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Exposure to driving solutions on a digital product that external users utilize everyday for investing
• Opportunity to own a major stream of the product in terms of solution design, requirements scoping, and delivery.
• Exposure to help driving the platform growth through the development of new experiences on the UI and creating our API strategy for external partners.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Professional experience with Java 8+
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and product audiences and working globally
• Experience with MongoDB and/or DB2
• Experience with any of the Rx* variants
• Experience with Kafka or similar messaging technologies
• Experience with the Spring framework family
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top