Software Engineer - IBD Debt Syndicate Engineering
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
What we do:
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with IBD Bankers to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. We are looking for talented engineers to join Debt Capital Markets (DCM) teams.
We are looking for exceptional people who:
- Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
- Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Syndicate Engineering is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
- Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
- Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
- Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
- Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
- 3+ years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Recent hands-on experience with Java 8, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
- Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a global team
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top