Software Engineer - IBD Banker Suite Technology
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with Investment Banking to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. We are looking for talented engineers to join our Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team in London.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY AND IMPACT
We are looking for a creative, innovative and enthusiastic individual to lead the team here in London and undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the business to transform/digitise/automate end-to-end investment banking deal-related activities across the Banker Suite, working collaboratively with other global technology teams across the firm.
- You will leverage agile methodologies and be responsible for product delivery ensuring quality and meeting timelines
- You will lead by example and will be expected to spend at least 70% of your time writing code
- You are responsible for ensuring your own team efficiently uses the current technology stack that includes React, Node.js, AngularJS, Typescript, Java, Mongo DB, SQL Server, Sybase etc. on Microservices architectures. We value code reviews, TDD, metrics, Quality is paramount!
- You will be responsible for coaching the team on the technologies mentioned above and any others which are incorporated along the way
- We encourage candidates to bring new ideas and technologies to the table. Our goal is to foster innovation!
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
- Exposure to a relational database environment
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- CRM experience (proprietary or vendor product such as Salesforce)
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Drop wizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top