Software Engineer - GSET - Equities Strats - Market Data Developer
- Bangalore, India
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways. As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
• Design, build and maintain low latency, high-performance electronic trading platform components, with a focus on market data, exchange and client connectivity and risk controls.
• Deliver continuous optimization for latency, scale and resiliency improvements.
• Participate in system builds for various markets globally, have curiosity and interest in understanding market microstructure details, work closely with engineering, sales and product teams in globally for successful delivery of projects.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience developing deterministic high performance, low latency systems in C++ (counted in single digit microseconds)
• Prior experience with FIX and binary exchange connectivity and market data protocols preferred
• Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
• Critical path analysis, performance optimization and hardware acceleration.
• Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
• Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated, results driven and commercially focused
• Software development in C++ in the context of high performance (low-latency, high-throughput) real-time computing.
o Familiarity with STL and C++11 language extensions, Boost
o Network programming (sockets, TCP/UDP/Multicast protocols)
o Multi-threading, concurrent programming
• Intimate knowledge of compilers, flow of data at hardware level (memory/caches, buses)
• Some experience with FPGA or other hardware acceleration technologies
• Experience processing large static datasets as well as high volume ticking data sources
• Over 3 years' experience in Financial industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top