Software Engineer - Global Markets - Eqs Platform Role
- Bangalore, India
Do you want to write software that interacts with the largest and most dynamic financial markets in the world? In Systematic Market Making (SMM) we build systems to electronically trade currencies, commodities and fixed income products. And we do so at scale: in SMM we execute hundreds of thousands of trades, amounting to billions of dollars, every day.
Systematic Market Making is a team of traders and engineers who work together. We develop models to explain market behavior and predict price movement. We write algorithms that execute efficiently in complex markets. We build systems that are scalable and resilient so that they are there when our clients need them. We are an innovative team of motivated individuals who love using quantitative techniques and technology to solve complex, open-ended problems.
The successful candidate will be driven and able to take the initiative in all stages of the software development lifecycle. They will be encouraged to maximize their impact in a flat organizational structure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Improve the speed, scalability and reliability of our trading systems.
- Have global exposure working with extremely talented engineers.
- Generate ideas for product and system enhancements that drive commercial performance.
- Collaborate with other functions including trading, sales, engineering and compliance.
- Implement software using Java and GS proprietary technologies.
- Motivated and able to effect change in a highly commercial environment.
- Excited about solving complex, open-ended problems.
- Passionate about code-quality, testing and software development as a craft.
- Able analyze data and draw useful commercial conclusions.
- Comfortable communicating technical topics to non-specialist audiences.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or an analytical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc. with 3+ years of work experience.
- Strong software engineering background, in at least one object-oriented language (Java, C++, Python).
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Performance tuning/optimization of distributed systems.
- Experience building Java-based systems with strict requirements for low-latency and deterministic performance.
- Multi-threaded/concurrent programming, lock-free algorithms.
- Hardware and networking architecture from a latency perspective.
- Comfortable using a Linux terminal in an enterprise environment.
- Securities/trading experience is a plus but is not required.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top