Software Engineer - GIR Engineering
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose.
GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll be part of a team responsible for the next generation digital research platform, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, business intelligence, multi-channel content distribution and personalization engines.
Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation. You will work on a diverse set of technologies, many open source, and find where their interests lie. We sit with our business counterparts and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will work on a diverse set of technologies, many open source, and find where their interests lie. We sit with our business counterparts and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
• We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years' software development experience
• A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
• Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
• Experience in a programming language (e.g. Java, Pyhton, Web)
• AWS, Terraform, public cloud
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top