Software Engineer (Full Stack) - RMD Technology
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RMD Technology supports the Realty Management Division, a global business unit that provides loan, real estate and investment management services to multiple trading desks across the firm. The applications built by RMD Technology facilitate the life cycle of $24 billion assets under management across different regions and asset classes. The team is uniquely situated to interface with multiple groups in the front-, mid- and back-offices giving a well-rounded perspective to the flow of the data throughout the firm.
The Realty Management Division Technology (RMD Tech) is seeking a developer to support the division's Real Estate and Loans platforms. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for maintenance, support and enhancements of both proprietary and commercial software applications. RMD Tech supports federation technology functions (loan and real estate asset management and servicing) for the following Investing and Lending businesses - SSG, MBD, Mortgages, PWM, GSB and GSAM. The lending business accounts for ~25% of the firm's PnL - 40% of the 5B additional projected revenue of the firm is expected from Investing and Lending businesses.
This is an exciting and key time to be joining a technology team whose RMD clients provide a critical function for the EMEA Special Situations Group, the Merchant Banking Division and Mortgage business, all of whom are very active in the Real Estate / Loans space. RMD Tech is focused on re-engineering legacy Loans and Real Estate systems to support exponential growth in Investing and Lending business.
As a member of RMD Technology, the applicant must be flexible in adapting to changing business priorities and comfortable filling a variety of roles and responsibilities. Two of the key goals are to help decommission legacy Archon applications by implementing strategic firm recommended DASH and SecDB applications, and to migrate the firm's Real Estate positions into SecDB, the firm's primary Risk Management system. The Candidate will collaborate as a member of a global cross functional team to address various business's needs, provide technical support and would be responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various system. In Asia, RMD tech supports the ASSG desk. The candidate is expected to work closely with the RMD/SSG business in Asia to solve day to day business problems by leveraging technology. Implement innovative solutions for the RMD/SSG business that will help business work more efficiently. This role offers a unique combination of being close to a Front Office trading function, as well as getting the opportunity to be part of a green field build in one of the key revenue growth areas for the firm.
The new system is expected to be built over the next three years using new technologies like - DASH, Java, Spark, Mongo, KAFKA with pipes into data lake. We are looking to hire strong Engineers who can help us built a platform that can support 5MM loans and Real Estate assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Be a part of a global team to build new scalable platforms
- Be responsible for the design and development of applications including testing and bringing technical depth and creativity to projects
- Collaborate with business users and other developers to identify, analyze, and define complex business requirements
- Work both independently and with regional teams to optimize systems and resources
- Coordinate efforts to resolve issues by communicating them to clients, engineers, and client services until resolution of the event
- Create technical and user documentation and training end users
- Monitor the production environment and respond to event alerts from the production monitoring tools
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Math or an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years of full stack software development experience
- Solid knowledge of Java or a similar objected oriented language, design and
- Ability to work across diverse technologies including Java, C#, and proprietary GS development platforms such as SecDB and Dash
- Technically proficient with database structure and design, comfortable authoring SQL data migration scripts and building complex reports
- Ability to follow existing development standards and architecture guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication skills, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to cope with competing priorities and manage expectations until project completion
- Experience in RDB, Oracle/SQL or Sybase is a plus
- Exposure to entire SDLC and test-driven development techniques
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between IT and business units, and confidently manage internal and external relationships
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top