Software Engineer - FP&A Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
FP&A Engineering Analyst - Full Stack
Job Function: Application Development
In Financial Planning and Analysis, we provide engineering solutions that enable the firm to plan budgets, forecast financial scenarios, allocate expenses and support corporate decision making in-line with the firm's strategic objectives.
Are you interested in learning about finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a software engineer in Financial Planning & Analysis Engineering you will help create new and/or transform financial workflows and build intelligent reporting to drive commercial benefits to the firm. You will explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets and will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial planning and management, while working in small, nimble teams.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- You have exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Provide digitally-advanced financial products to clients
- Collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software run books
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics or related technical discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Exposure to Java, APIs, databases
- Knowledge of relational, columnar and NoSQL databases
- Relevant Experience in software design & development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Awareness with agile operating models will be preferred
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Experience building transactional systems and strong understanding of software architecture
- Exposure in Java programming language. Python, Scala etc. would be an added benefit
- Exposure/Knowledge to Shell scripting (ksh), Build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Bi Tools (Tableau)
- Exposure to Distributed computing products / technologies (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive etc. with micro service architecture
- Exposure with Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Spring Boot
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top