Software Engineer - Financial Data - Product Data Engineering
- Stockholm, Sweden
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Product Data Engineering team within the Data Engineering organization at Goldman Sachs builds data pipelines to curate reliable, high quality financial product reference data that facilitates and powers business across all divisions of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build and Deploy model driven data pipelines and services to curate reliable, high quality financial product reference data.
• Work with Data Engineers to evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making and help meet regulatory requirements.
• Accelerate and contribute to the adoption of the Data Engineering Data Platform and cloud technologies.
• Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter expert to extract critical business concepts
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
• Financial Services industry experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top