Software Engineer- FICC Risk Platform Developer
- London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a strong developer to join the FICC Portfolio Analytics team in London to work on the Bolt Web Risk Platform, a new infrastructure for real-time risk computation in FICC Macro. The Bolt Web Risk Platform is a highly distributed and resilient state machine that provides near real-time updates on the key metrics that traders in FICC rely on to serve the clients of Goldman Sachs. The successful candidate will work closely with our users to add new features and deploy the platform across more desks in FICC and the rest of the Global Markets Division. This candidate will also have to opportunity to work on making this same platform available to our clients over Marquee, as part of the SABR initiative that is a priority for Global Markets Division this year.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
- The candidate is required to provide technical leadership in driving key projects on FICC trading environment as well as supporting the day-to-day business of the desk
- Proactively engages with stakeholders through the SDLC of the projects
- Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
- Influences current and future architecture choices as we are looking to adopt more modern platforms
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- 3+ years of professional Java Development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in building and debugging distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top