Software Engineer - Equity Derivatives
- Bangalore, India
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Equity Derivatives Engineering team is a front-office business facing team responsible for development of critical applications and infrastructure for the Equity Derivatives business. We work closely with trading, quants, structuring, ops and other teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The team is involved in the full project lifecycle (analysis, design, development, release, support) across a wide variety of projects including new business initiatives, automation, efficiency, analytics and controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team leveraging technology to transform the way we conduct derivatives business and to deliver the most complex transactions for our clients. The role will be suited to a strong technologist with a keen interest in business workflows, derivative products and financial markets.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Equity Derivatives front office business, flows and systems, with particular focus on Exotics, Fund Products and Structured Transactions
- Form strong partnerships with trading, operations, quants, and other engineering teams
- Drive commercially impactful engineering projects to deliver key desk initiatives
- Strive for continuous improvement in the effectiveness and stability of the front office stack
- Maintain a strong risk and control mindset to mitigate operational & technology risks
- Become proficient in Goldman Sachs' proprietary database and scripting language (SecDB and Slang) and other languages as necessary
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills in at least one OO/scripting language (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
- Experience working with databases and datasets (modelling, querying)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to work across teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and desire for impact
- Previous experience in a business-facing, front office engineering role in the finance industry
- Knowledge of equities markets and experience with derivatives products such as options, swaps or exotics
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top