MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Design, build, and operate high performing, high quality solutions to ensure that data is available in a timely manner to firmwide data consumers. We work with internal clients to understand their problems and help them leverage the frameworks, tooling, and APIs that we are building. The solutions we build are resilient and performant, while providing for data quality, governance, and lineage tracking. They deliver data that is critical to GS's business processes in a scalable and productive manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Why join the team?
- We work with internal engineering and business teams to help solve their data needs by using and building Data Engineering tools
- We design and build models and services through deep engagement with data consumers and producers
- We provide the opportunity to learn, innovate, create, and apply novel technologies, all while collaborating with global team members
- We drive adoption of Cloud technologies for data processing and warehousing
- We work in an agile environment, using technologies such as: Java, Python, Legend-Pure, Kubernetes, AWS Services, Hadoop, Snowflake, S3, Aurora, and SecDB (proprietary)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related discipline)
- Solid knowledge of Java (or other OO languages) and the ability to learn new languages/technologies
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- General knowledge of working with complex business processes, data flows and consuming large amounts of data
- Interest in Financial Services industry
- Experience working with complex business and data processes
- Nice to have: Experience with functional languages, data processing frameworks (Flink/Spark), Big Data, c loud t echnologies
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.