Software Engineer - Corporate Treasury Engineering
Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for world class software engineers to work closely with Corporate Treasury partners and help improve liquidity projections/optimizations, cash and collateral management and funds transfer pricing and execution strategy.
This is a one of a kind front to back integrated group that explores new ideas of optimizing firm liquidity position and also execute on the strategy, all in one team. The team is divided into five pillars each with its specific mandate. Whether you like to spend your energies into thinking about the scalable big data architecture or understanding the inventory and liquidity usage optimization algorithms, we have it all for you.
Corporate Treasury lies at the heart of Goldman Sachs, ensuring all the businesses have the appropriate level of funding to conduct their activities, while also optimizing the firm's liquidity and managing its risk and being part of the engineering team will expose you to everything that's important and happening the firm. The scale of the liquidity optimization and execution problem keeps us interested every day and we hope to share our enthusiasm and challenge with you.
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with our firm's treasurer and other members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to manage the firm's liquidity risk, secured and unsecured funding programs, and the level and composition of consolidated and subsidiary equity capital and to invest any excess liquidity. In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining, developing software's to analyze data, built metric calculators, automated tools to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce interest expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developer's window into all aspects of CT planning and execution while working on cutting edge industrial technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software
- Forge strong relationships with our key business partners, understand financial markets, liquidity management strategies to develop and enhance our treasury systems and processes.
- Apply analytics to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop scalable architecture and implement software's following full SDLC cycle
- Explore latest technology offering and platforms to strategize and build optimum technology solutions
- Work very closely with business to create real time impact and deliver product with most commercial value
- Master's or Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Strong experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Designing complex and distributed scalable systems
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- A willingness to learn new technologies including the firm's proprietary risk management system and programming language SecDB and Slang
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Ideally at least 7-15 years of IT industry experience
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java) and familiarity with functional languages like python
- Experience in designing highly scalable, efficient systems
- Web technology design experience is plus
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and liquidity management is plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top