Software Engineer - Controls Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• A wide variety of projects are active and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
• Participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of our margin platform
• Evolve the margin platform to meet business, client, regulatory, operational, technical needs
• Participate in the entire SDLC from definition of requirements through deployment and support
• Gain technical expertise and practical experience of managing mission critical platforms from technical experts within and outside the team
• Work closely with Business , Operations users and other developers globally
• Excellent opportunity to gain strong domain knowledge on aspects of the firms' margin processing function across any type of trade executed by our clients
• On a rotation basis, involve in addressing questions, isolating and fixing problems as part of daily processing of the margin infrastructure
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum of 6 years of professional development experience
• Demonstrable core Java (JDK 8 and above) development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and design patterns)
• Object oriented design/development
• RESTful web services
• RDBMS experience (DB2 preferred, write/analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
• Strong technical, analytical and communication skills; must be a self starter
• Knowledge of financial markets
• UNIX environment working experience
• Graph database experience
• Big data technology stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top