Software Engineer - Control Engineering - FICC SMM
- New York, NY
Automated Trading Control Engineer
FICC Systematic Market Making covers foreign exchange, commodities, interest rates, and credit. Our team combines engineering, research, risk management, control design and trading expertise to deliver liquidity solutions for our clients and advance the firm's electronic trading goals. No trading system or business is complete without an integrated and thoughtful approach to risk management, including the unique operational risks that come along with complex, high-speed trading systems.
As an automated trading controls engineer you will develop an in-depth knowledge of our trading systems and control framework, analyze trading software logic, controls and procedures, and generate ideas to improve the safety and reliability of these systems. You will collaborate closely with other engineers and traders to maintain an orderly, safe and reliable trading system. You will also work with risk management specialists to ensure that our risk and control environment is fit for purpose, appropriately quantified and clearly understood by non-technical audiences.
Your day may include:
- Inventing, designing and implementing new controls; maintaining and improving existing controls,
- Responding to information requests from regulators and control functions across the firm, e.g. Compliance, Legal, Risk and Internal Audit
- Managing work to address follow-ups to production incidents and other operational risk events.
- Documenting algorithmic trading controls and activities for consumers both inside and outside of the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- First and foremost a passion for technology and a drive to deliver. This is a hands-on developer role.
- The ability to communicate clearly and to lead conversations on technical topics with non-specialist audiences.
- Experience managing projects, and building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Proficiency in creating technical documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and meet simultaneous competing demands.
- Interest in developments in the global financial regulatory environment.
- A background in audit, compliance, control design or operational risk and a familiarity with Basel-style operational risk frameworks. Understanding of electronic trading risks and controls is a plus.
- Development experience in Java, C++ or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
- Certifications such as Global Association of Risk Managers - Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and/or ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Back to top