Software Engineer - Compute Dev
- Bangalore, India
Unix Engineering is a global team that architects and manages the Linux, Virtualization, and Server Hardware computing platform at Goldman Sachs.
The Unix engineering team works closely with application developers and strategists to build and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
We are looking for talented and energetic Java developers to help design and implement the new generation of our inventory system which is integral to large parts of our cloud and technology infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our engineering organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of cloud technologies and concepts as well as an understanding of the firm's technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of a project life cycle and work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on Java development and strive for continuous process improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient, and firmwide compute and other infrastructure provisioning and inventory systems.
• Participate in design and implementation of consolidating multiple infrastructure inventory systems integral to the backbone of the firm's infrastructure platform.
• Collaborate with platform infrastructure providers to successfully on-board them onto our central inventory platform and uplift their provisioning systems.
• Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity.
• Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools to help you develop your career.
• You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
• We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Demonstrable experience in setting and meeting project goals when implementing and integrating complex technology concepts
• Hands-on Java developer, with a good grasp of Java development and testing best practices
• Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
• Energetic, self-motivated, can independently manage multiple tasks and stakeholders
• Experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB or ElasticSearch
• Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database - such as DB2, Sybase, Oracle, etc.
• Experience with designing and building high-throughput, scalable, resilient systems
• Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Commercially focused; understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science or Engineering program or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience with containerization technologies and tools: OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker
• Software development and CI/CD tools: GIT, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins
• Experience using/developing against relational and nosql databases
• Experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon's AWS or Google's GCE) is a plus
• Familiarity with security practices and platforms (e.g. encryption, certificates, key management, oAuth, LDAP)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top