SMM Technical Support Specialist - FICC SMM Frontline
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands the firm's electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. As part of the SMM Engineering team, SMM Production Engineering partners with SMM Trading to develop and support the pricing and execution services for the firm and its clients. The team consists of application developers and technical support specialists primarily focused on site reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to track performance, and managing the release and deployment lifecycle.
This role places you at the heart of our electronic business. Technical support specialists help support the day-to-day operations of the electronic trading systems and the trading desk. The team is expected to interact closely with Trading & Sales business users. As part of a global support team you will provide operational and technical assistance for SMM applications and infrastructure, both for external clients and internal business users. In addition, you will oversee every component of the production system to identify and resolve production problems as well as assess risk of systems changes and consult on system supportability improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Operational risk management of a complex, fast-moving, multi-asset eDealing business
• Partnering with software and infrastructure owners to solve software and hardware issues
• Significant business interaction across FICC front office
• Incident and crisis management
• Participation in system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3 years of more of relevant work experience
• Excellent analytical skills
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to quickly understand new systems and technologies
• Working knowledge of Linux operating system
• Previous experience of supporting electronic trading environments
• Knowledge of financial markets
• FIX protocol knowledge
• Understanding of key networking concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top