Site Reliability Engineer - Marquee
- New York, NY
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer on the Marquee team, you will be responsible for managing and supporting highly-available distributed systems, ensuring the reliability of the production environment, building tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots, and implementing effective governance controls. You will work with a number of proprietary configuration management and deployment systems in close collaboration with other GS teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Application SDLC, deployment and runtime management with a goal of reducing product cycle time
- Infrastructure Services - DMZ, proxies, load balancing and firewalls
- Risk Management - Resiliency design & planning, collection and analysis of availability metrics
- Three or more years industry experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer role
- Strong communication skills, including experience working globally
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
Expert Knowledge In One Or More Of
- ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Networking including TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL certificates
- Experience with internet facing applications
- Experience with continuous deployment/delivery practices
- Experience with cloud computing systems
- Experience working with content delivery networks
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top