Site Reliability Engineer - Core Engineering - Sydney
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Goldman Sachs, SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm's most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our businesses to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work with application system owners to develop effective SLOs that capture business needs.
- Develop effective monitoring solutions and infrastructure to support large real-time systems.
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning to build reliability into new systems.
- Collaborate with development teams to share SRE culture and practices.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Experience automating operational tasks
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying SRE principles to novel problems and systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top