MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Who we are:
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Engineering professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. We commit people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow.
We are Goldman Sachs Engineering and the driving force behind the firm's technology innovation which has led the industry for many decades. Attracting and investing in the very best engineering talent is how we maintain this position. We are continuously looking for engineers who share our values of collaboration, creativity, motivation, commercial awareness and an obsession for quality.
What we are doing:
GS Accelerate is a firmwide platform to foster innovation and collaboration across Goldman Sachs, with a focus on the firm's future growth. Accelerate focuses on building brand new businesses for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
We are building a new digital business that is a ground up on-cloud engineering project. As such, we are focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver. Engineers will play an integral role in delivering the proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable product in an exciting greenfield environment. They will also help define both the scope and direction of the businesses as it grows.
We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
Joining GS Accelerate offers:
- unparalleled responsibility and the opportunity to make a highly visible global impact;
- the chance to join a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, "can do" mindsets and teamwork;
- the freedom to develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new growth opportunities for our business, and
- the opportunity to work on unprecedented greenfield projects that impact Goldman Sachs and the financial services industry broadly
What you will be doing:
- Develop GitLab CI/CD SLDC with IaC deployment to an AWS target runtime.
- Develop and own runtime monitoring, metrics and alerting.
- Work with development to agree Service Level Agreements and control releases with SRE best practices.
- Communicate with the global team, share your knowledge and learn from others.
- Demonstrate a keen interest to continuously understand our business domain and our customer needs.
- Show passion for technology by keeping up to date with the latest industry trends.
- 3+ years experience working as an SRE Engineer.
- A proven track operating mission critical software systems in production.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience building Git based CI/CD SLDCs.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience working in agile teams.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity