Services, Corporate Services and Real Estate, Event Management, Business Coverage Manager, Associate - Hong Kong
Do you want to join a team of highly motivated staff who are aspiring to deliver the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a candidate with a background in an event management, strong project management and team leadership skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast-pace and dynamic organization.
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
CSRE's areas of responsibility include:
- Business Services: Delivers high-quality, commercially managed travel, document management and hospitality services to internal partners throughout the firm.
- Real Estate: Plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities in over 95 cities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Finance: Provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm.
- Vendor Management Office: Ensures that the firm has established and is consistently applying a structured global framework to effectively manage vendor risk.
- Administration, Communications and Social Governance: Oversee organizational development, internal communications, environmental stewardship, supplier diversity and community engagement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Reporting to the Manager of Events, the Business Coverage Manager will partner with the business to develop and lead an event marketing strategy and oversee all events and conferences with a keen focus on best practices, commercial excellence and consistency in delivery. Goldman Sachs events are critical to maintaining the image of the firm and assisting in the development of key client relationships.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Core focus: The successful individual will take ownership and accountability for events and conferences associated with the Securities Division.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with lead business partners setting annual forecast, commercial management, service excellence and best practices and innovation opportunities
- Partnering with vendor teams and taking accountability for the oversight, management and execution of divisional events
- Understanding core goals and objectives of the businesses supported
- Identifying appropriate key stakeholders/groups/individuals in division to partner with
- Financial Controls - responsible for building an accurate and thorough annual budget and adherence to that budget
- Financial Reporting - responsible for weekly approvals, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Team leadership - provide oversight and team leadership for project managers who are staffed on an event or conference for respective business. Be a go-to person for all team members with specific focus on best practices and consistency in delivery
- Vendor procurement and management - includes contract negotiation on all specialty initiatives
- Protecting the firm's and business' reputation
- Adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Branding and messaging strategy - maintaining an overall brand strategy using firm resources
- Content and presentation guidance - working with client teams to provide guidance on agenda building, material design and speaker and presentation idea generation
- Understanding and leading protocol objectives for each event during both the planning and execution stages
- On-site execution - accountable for overall success of the event
- Acts willingly as a resource to other Business Coverage Managers and team members
- Demonstrating a proactive attitude - following up with clients for feedback post events and providing timely updates to the team (on processes/procedures and best practices)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in event management in a managerial position
- Exposure to a fast-paced corporate organization and experience in managing large-scale conferences
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to adapt style as the situation requires
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as quickly establish credibility with clients
- Proven ability to communicate strategically with C-level executives
- Personal integrity, initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Effective role model/strong leadership skills
- Strong negotiating/commercial skills
- Knowledge in all aspects related to conferences, including both technical and logistics management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top