Services - Business Finance & Spend Management - Product Finance - Associate-Bengaluru
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Goldman Sachs aims to be the employer, advisor, and investment of choice by attracting and retaining the best and most diverse talent. Through our leadership and diversity efforts, integrated talent management processes and vibrant affinity network programs, we work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other classification can maximize their potential. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in
New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Bangalore Engineering Product Finance team consists of a team of 25, providing financial support, management and control for all Engineering expenses. The main functions include Financial Control, Financial Analysis, Business Unit Support and Administration (e.g. contracts management). The team also covers month-end accounting, reporting, pricing and product management with extensive liaison with Engineering and non-engineering staff globally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Product Finance team in Bengaluru works on Global Finance & Planning activities, which includes commercial analysis, planning, accounting and control for the global business lines. The role demands engaging with various stakeholders throughout the globe, including teams responsible for managing the Engineering non-Compensation expense lines and related finance activities (accounting and control activities, global budgets and forecasts, legal entity reporting, management reviews and analytics for decision support etc.) The successful candidate will develop core skills in financial management and assume enhanced responsibilities over a period. Strong performance will result in challenging assignments over a period of time and career development opportunities.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
Monthly close, process fixed asset adjustments (additions/write-offs), balance sheet analysis, financial reporting and analysis for Engineering spend, capital projects and depreciation. Tasks include budgeting, balance sheet reconciliation and management, project management, managing accruals and local management oversight when required. Provide support for product controllers in the areas of monthly close, accrual calculations and uploads, estimates, normalization and invoice management.
• Own the accounting control for expense/ balance sheet accounts pertaining to global business lines and manage related activities
• Analyze financial and operational data from various business lines around the globe. Present findings clearly to enable effective decision-making
• Perform regular reviews of product prices, staff allocations and headcount reporting
• Work in close coordination with global finance team and leadership on annual budget and quarterly reforecast related assignments. Consolidate inputs and translate business assumptions to quantify financial impact
• Conduct quarterly substantiation of asset and liability accounts; Report Expense commitments to controller
• Maintain/provide monthly drawdown of selected prepaid assets, capitalization, retirement of asset from deferred/capital work-in-progress accounts. Further, monitor these accounts and communicate with account owners periodically
• Perform asset classification checkouts and reclassification/transfer as necessary • Perform Project Costing Reconciliation
• Analyze and explain expense trends and key drivers for changes to internal finance teams
• Drive improvement and automation of current processes to enhance efficiency, accuracy and control.
• Finance Professional with 5-7 years' experience - Chartered Accountant/ MBA Finance from a reputed B School
• Experience in FP&A, Analytics, Business Partnering
• Working in a Multinational environment with FMCG, Consumer Durables, Telecom or similar Industry.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to summarize and present information at a management level
• Clear and effective communications skills both verbally and in writing. Experience of working in a global setup will be of advantage
• MS Office skills - Advanced MS Excel knowledge, basic proficiency on MS PowerPoint.
• Proficient in the use of Hyperion/Essbase, Smart view
• Strong networking skills to establish contacts and partnerships with other teams in Goldman Sachs
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to organize own time and work independently, without close supervision
• Courage to challenge current practice and suggest new ways of working, value-added ideas/ approaches
• Ability to work in a team based environment and to interface with employees at all levels
• Flexibility to Adapt easily to a dynamic and changing organization and able to work well under pressure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top