Senior Windows Patch Engineer - Core Engineering
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs is seeking an experienced Senior Windows Patch Engineer - Core Engineering to be part of the Windows Engineering team. Candidate should possess 10+ years of professional experience with Windows operating systems with large geographically dispersed systems and end users. PowerShell scripting and a strong understanding of Windows patch management including WSUS, SCCM and other Windows Technologies. Candidate must be able to assess impact of vulnerabilities \ patches, clearly articulate risks to stake holders and develop opportunities for risk mitigation and greater transparency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The qualified candidate for the Senior Windows Patch Engineer - Core Engineering will help ensure the cyber security of Windows systems that are used by every single person in the firm. The projects and programs that they drive positively impact board level metrics.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
- Review vulnerabilities as identified by the risk team on a regular basis
- Develop comprehensive cross team patch testing program
- Engineer and manage firm participation in the Microsoft SUVP program
- Liase and coordinate team response with internal \ external Risk teams \ Auditors \ Regulators on all patch related topics
- Engineer next generation patch delivery solution
- Enable greater self service capabilities in the Patch programs
- Increase overall user experience
- Develop program for increasing patch compliance
- 10+ years o f professional experience with Windows operating systems
- Deep experience with large geographically dispersed systems and end users
- PowerShell scripting experience and a strong understanding of Windows patch management including WSUS, SCCM and other Windows Technologies
- Deep understanding of Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
- Deep experience with industry standard patch deployment methodologies and vulnerabilities ratings and scale
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface independently and directly with internal and external entities, senior leadership, and Risk and regulatory bodies
- Extensive experience managing large cross team programs
- Strong analytical mindset
- Extensive experience in automation, anomaly detection and predictive analysis
- Extensive experience with WSUS, SCCM and other Windows security patching technologies
- Powershell scripting experience to help automate the patch management process
- Experience and awareness of industry best practices for security vulnerability remediation
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top