Senior Windows Engineer
The User Platform Engineering team provides one of the largest Virtual Desktop solution in the industry. Delivering an on premise, cloud based desktop computing service to every user in the firm, from operations, finance, developers to front-line trading, sales and advisory business. We also provide the windows server solution to run critical infrastructure and business applications for the entire firm.
You will apply systems thinking principals and skills to analyze data, optimize processes, monitor health, and manage cyber security risk to ensure a secure, reliable and performant windows desktop and server solution to empower our users to do their best work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to define and successfully bring innovative roadmap initiatives to production
- Curate, analyze and visualize systems data to improve systems reliability and performance
- Engage product engineers and DevOps functions across teams to drive, influence and deliver on changes needed to optimize processes
- Engineer, automate and scale testing programs and improve testing discipline
- Independently assess, identify and promote solutions to improve User Experience
- Manage infrastructure and business driven projects from scoping, tracking, reporting to delivery
- Bring technical focus, skill, discipline and organization to lead resolution of complex and/or high impacting issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of Windows server and desktop OS internals with 10+ years of systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to automate with PowerShell
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries and to analyze large data sets
- Experience with at least one Virtual Desktop Infrastructure product: Citrix Xen Desktop, VMWare View or Microsoft Remote Desktop Service
- Experience with at least one Virtualization product: Hyper V, vSphere or KVM vi. Experience with Microsoft Systems System Center Configuration Manager and Group Policy
- Ability to troubleshoot using Windows diagnostic tools: Process Monitor, Packet Capture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent learner that shows a keen interest in industry trends
- A good risk manager, with ability to weigh options against outcomes and to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, their decision making process
- Team player who is able to work effectively across teams and with a variety of individuals
- Sound organizational practices to manage, track and drive multiple projects simultaneously
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top