Senior Visual Designer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
Are you an enthusiastic and highly engaged visual designer who enjoys creating experiences that pop?
The Marcus by Goldman Sachs design team is looking for a Senior Visual Web Designer to help create a best-in-class and innovative consumer-facing product. The ideal candidate has a strong background in visual and brand design, with user experience knowledge.By joining Marcus, you'll become part of an entrepreneurial team that provides the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the support of a historic banking institution. We value collaboration, communication, and creativity to interpret and bring innovative / functional designs to life. Come be a part of the forefront of Fintech!
Marcus by Goldman Sachs provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product from Marcus is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget. Marcus, a brand of Goldman Sachs, benefits from the firm's 147-year history of financial expertise, risk management and customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the interactive and digital media design for the web, desktop, tablet and mobile platforms. You'll excite and inspire users by creating high-quality concepts and mocks that incorporate beautiful typography and color theory.
Our products are elegant, functional and minimalist. You will collaborate with fellow designers and product managers to create a simple, attractive visual language and great-looking, usable products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years designing digital web, desktop, tablet, responsive and mobile experiences widely adopted by users
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), InVision
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers, and project leads
- Excellent multi-tasker able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Team player who excels under pressure
- Practical understanding of the latest trends and technologies used to build rich web, desktop, and mobile apps
- B.F.A or undergraduate degree in graphic or web design
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED: When applying for this position please include a link to your online portfolio or attach work samples
- 7+ years in graphic, visual, and interaction design for digital experiences
- Strong love of beautiful typography and Swiss design
- CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top