MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
You will be a team lead within the Storage Engineering team, part of the Foundational Infrastructure group at Goldman Sachs, and will be delivering projects to improve operational maturity of the firms Storage platforms.
Projects include product lifecycle and implementation of SRE based monitoring capabilities to measure and improve service quality. You will operate across our Storage product areas - S3 Object, File, Database Block Storage and Data Protection and work with subject matter experts and clients to understand key components of these services.
As team lead for the Storage Engineering function you will be a motivating force in a global team to deliver on key projects.
You should have a strong familiarity with infrastructure technologies such as Network, Linux OS, and a scripting language ideally Python but Bash, PERL are also useful. Java experience is good but not essential. You will have experience of storage infrastructure technologies and management, REST APIs, and be familiar with SDLC and configurations management platforms such as Kubernetes, Gitlab and Ansible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 8 years of experience with cloud storage systems for object (S3), file, block, and data protection
- Understanding of infrastructure resilience and disaster recovery
- Familiar with modern infrastructure management methods, including infrastructure as code
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Team leadership experience in a global organization
- Familiarity with SRE principles, SLO monitoring and management
- Expertise in at least one scripting and/or high level language: shell, Python, Perl, Golang, preferably with experience using REST API interfaces
- Software development skills; test driven development
- Experience with data analytics using Elastic Search and Kibana
- Supporting backup infrastructure; EMC Networker, DataDomain, and IBM and Quantum tape libraries and storage infrastructure; EMC VMAX, VNX, DMX, CX, and Hitachi HUS, and G-series. Responsibilities include executing system configuration, provisioning, data migration, and decommission operations. Capacity and performance data analysis of these platforms.
- Hands-on experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a Linux-based compute environment
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux OS, advanced network concepts, knowledge of traditional storage platforms, firewalls, and load balancers
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB