Senior Software Engineer - Market Data
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Use your strong development skills in the design and development of server-side technical offerings to support the end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment to assist in optimizing and automating through the use of technology
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Driving strategic initiatives and delivery of key programs of work across Market Data and the broader division
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong development background in object oriented programming such as Java and Python (C++ would be a bonus)
- Experience working in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with a focus around Test Driven Development (TDD
- Very focused on usability, scalability, maintainability, quality and building for the long term
- Analytical, problem solver - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
- Used to UNIX/Linux environments and Subversion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience developing REST and/or websocket based solutions
- Experience developing user interfaces with AngularJS
- Experience with distributed system and multi-tier architectures and microservices
- Experience with low-latency/high-performance environments
- Experience with high-availability systems
- A background or understanding of financial markets is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top