Senior Software Engineer - Credit Risk Technology
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Risk Engineering combines the principles of Computer Science, Mathematics and Finance to produce large scale, computationally intensive calculations of risk Goldman Sachs faces with each transaction we engage in. Within Risk Engineering, Credit Risk Technology is responsible for the scenario stress testing engine and building full-stack applications to effectively manage the credit risk of the firm. We have an opportunity for an Associate level software engineer to develop the Financial Engineering & Software Development skills necessary to calculate and manage billions of dollars of risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design & Develop full-stack applications from the ground up to manage the firms counterparty risk.
- Identify business workflows eligible for automation.
- Implement commercial solutions focusing on rapid delivery and frequent iterations
- Contribute to the design and architecture of Goldman's core risk tech stack.
- Develop scalable API services to integrate within the organizations applications.
- Lead projects through the software development life-cycle.
- Work closely with the businessmen and women of Goldman Sachs to develop creative, technical solutions to the complex challenges Wall Street investment banks face today.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of Development experience including a clear understanding of system design and core programming concepts.
- A prompt, analytical approach when faced with intricate problems.
- Comfortable working as a part of a global team in a dynamic, fast-paced financial environment including managing multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and through writing with both technical and non-technical users.
- Serve as a knowledge base for technical inquiries
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and always improve your technical skillset.
- Professional experience with Java
- Experience with Business Process Modeling
- Experience with Modern web frameworks or libraries
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top