MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Product Security Engineering within Core Engineering is responsible for providing an opinionated, standardized set of tools and services which enable the building of secure applications. The hiring team is responsible for providing foundational products used across the entire firm; these solutions allow software engineering teams to easily and reliably safeguard their applications and data.
Are you a software/systems engineer or security engineering specialist looking for a role where you can have broad-reaching positive impact and are enthusiastic about security, authentication, cloud, and cryptography, with a minimum of 5 years' engineering experience? You will be a good fit if you have...
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Build software libraries and services to provide secure-by-default services to software engineering teams, including authentication systems, secure service architectures, endpoint control solutions, and cloud controls
• • Partner with colleagues from across engineering and risk to ensure an outstanding developer experience that satisfies the firm's security needs
• • Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
• • Help to provide frictionless integration with the firm's runtime, deployment and SDLC technologies
• • Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
• • Help to communicate and promote best practices for security engineering across the firm
• • Engage in production troubleshooting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • A strong grounding in security concepts, including secure coding practices, trusted computing and principles of authentication and authorization
• • A good understanding of public key and symmetric key cryptography
• • The ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• • Proficiency in designing, developing and testing cross-platform software in one or more of Java, Golang or C#; open to using multiple languages
• • Experience developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
• • The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
• • Experience meeting demands for high availability, low latency and scale
• • The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both in writing and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse engineering teams
• Possess leadership skills and the ability to think strategically
• • An understanding of regulated environments, e.g. financial services
• • Experience building services using public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
• • Experience with threat modeling and risk assessment
• • Experience of practical security engineering in a Linux and/or Windows environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB