Senior Java Developer - Listed Clearing Engineering
Listed Clearing Engineering is accountable for platform advancement to meet the evolving needs of the global business via rapid software deployment. You will build partnerships with our stakeholders across Trading, Sales, Operations and Engineering to implement effective and creative solutions. Our team is starting a significant program to re-architect our systems that process over 250 million transactions annually across more than 100 global markets
The team is distributed across Salt Lake City, New York, Bengaluru, London, and Singapore with a diverse set of people, skills and ideas. You will collaborate as part the team, form strong relationships in a fast-paced environment, continually learn and grow your skills. Neither technology nor our business stands still, so you'll grow alongside the team and enjoy a role that rewards multi-tasking, initiative and strong execution.
You will directly impact the bottom line of the business through your development & deployment of the new platform, automated testing and increasing the STP rate.
LISTED CLEARING ENGINEERING
Listed Clearing Engineering partners closely as a front-to-back unit with Trading, Sales, and Operations to generate a direct impact on business revenue. We are committed to leading and building the best in class middle and back office platforms to meet dynamic client needs and high trading volumes. We connect clients to over 40 global markets and continually expand our platforms to process new markets and products.
The industry is currently going through a transformation in how business is transacted and this directly impacts how our platforms are being designed, architected and distributed. It is an exciting time for you to make your impact on this transformation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use your analytical ability and decision-making skills to arrive at creative and client-oriented solutions
- Design and build frameworks including automated testing through collaboration with global cross-functional teams
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product leads and senior stakeholders
- Hungry to learn new concepts and technologies
- Willing to teach and mentor others
- Eager to innovate solutions to address the constantly changing financial markets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of Core Java development experience (Solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns).
- Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
- 6+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- RESTful web services
- Big data technology stack
- Tomcat experience a plus
- Financial market knowledge a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top