Security Systems Engineer - Crypto - SRE
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Product Security Engineering within Core Engineering is responsible for providing an opinionated, standardized set of tools and services to enable building of secure applications. The hiring team is responsible for providing Secrets Management solutions for the firm's internal and public cloud technology; these solutions that allow our software engineering teams to easily and reliably safeguard their applications and data.
Are you a systems engineer or security engineering specialist looking for a role where you can have broad-reaching positive impact and are enthusiastic about security, authentication, cloud and operational reliability, with a minimum of 3 years' engineering experience? You will be a good fit if you have...
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers building integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding developer experience that satisfies the firm's security needs
- Help to provide frictionless integration with the firm's runtime, deployment and SDLC technologies
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
- Help to ensure reliability, define, measure and meet service level objectives
- Manage integration, testing, release and demise of software products supporting secrets management
- Engage in quality control and production troubleshooting
- Help to communicate and promote best practices for security engineering across the firm
- A strong grounding in security concepts, including secrets management and principles of authentication and authorization
- A good understanding of public key and symmetric key cryptography
- Experience deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
- Sound SDLC and practices and tooling experience - version control, CI/CD and configuration management tools
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
- Proficiency in Bash shell and scripting, RHEL administration and systemd. Preferably also Windows Server and IIS administration.
- Experience meeting demands for highly availability and scalable system
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
- Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
- Experience monitoring, measuring, auditing and supporting software
- Experience with metrics and monitoring tooling, including the ability to use metrics to rationally derive system health and availability information
- Ability to report on trends, perform gap analysis, perform risk analysis and provide recommendations to continuously improve the environment
- Experience using and/or supporting HashiCorp Vault and/or Consul in production
- Experience with deploying software to containerized environments - Kubernetes/Docker
- Ability to trace through and understand the purpose of code in a variety of languages
- Experience with Open Policy Agent
- Scripting skills using Python, PowerShell or bash
- Familiarity with OIDC Authentication
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code platforms, as a user and/or as a service provider
- Experience building services using public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top