Security Incident Response Manager - Security Incident Response Team
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical
investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Goldman Sachs is actively searching for a Technology Security Incident Manager. In this position you will be accountable for leading major Incident Management calls, and help to gather technical resources who can remediate the issue. The Incident Manager will also provide business impact updates to Technology and Business leadership as required (in verbal and written form). Another key component of the Incident Manager function is to collect relevant incident related statistics and publish operational health metrics to senior leadership and others on a regular basis. This includes but is not limited to incident duration, root cause analysis and follow-on preventative/corrective action monitoring. The Incident Manager may also serve as a single point of contact for major security events. A position as a Security Incident Manager on Goldman Sachs' Investigations team lets you do all this and more:
- Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to these groups.
- Handles moderate to complex incidents including significant events and Sr. Leadership communications.
- Communicate risk and other security incident themes and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Develop reporting with key, focused messages to enable constituency to understand their risk position.
- Ensure that technology security incidents are documented clearly and that realistic remediation plans are developed and follow up on those remediation plans.
- Investigate and resolve systemic issues.
- Work collaboratively in a global follow-the-sun cyber defense model
- Escalate issues to senior management as warranted.
- Work at the forefront of designing an innovative threat and security incident management solution.
- Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations.
- Ability to promote a team environment.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Responsive to challenging tasking.
- Ability to work in dynamic and high pressure situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
- Knowledge of Corporate Risks, IT Controls and other regulations.
- Knowledge of Powershell and/or Python (at least 2 years experience)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top