Security Engineer - Consumer Engineering
- Bangalore, India
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the security of our products, advancing secure architecture and engineering within the Consumer business. This role will initially be focused on security assurance engineering. As a developer / engineer in security assurance you will be partnering with colleagues in the Technology Risk, business, and engineering organizations to deliver secure internet scale solutions, with agility, in a complex operating environment. You will be working hands-on in a small team delivering key initiatives for Consumer Tech Risk.
• Collaborate closely in a hands-on environment with Architecture, Product Management, Application Development, Program Management and Dev Ops teams to design, build, and operate, secure applications (Web/API/Mobile) managed by Marcus
• Partner with Information Security Officers to ensure risks are accurately assessed, managed, and remediation planning is effective
• Ensure security and privacy assurance by design, including continuous assurance, automated regression, dynamic testing, integrations and reporting
• Contribute to design documentation to help capture security controls
• 3+ years of experience in application security and risk analysis techniques, or related fields such as software engineering and architecture
• Proficient communication skills and ability to identify and communicate risk
• Effective team player with experience coaching and supporting junior team members
• Expert knowledge of application security best practices and design principles e.g. OWASP, and Secure SDLC
• Security testing methodologies, tools and techniques - understanding of common application security vulnerabilities, penetration testing, and controls
• Understanding of web applications and micro service architecture
• Significant experience as an application security engineer, coding/scripting/researching penetration tester, or a full-stack software engineer with exposure to information security principles and practices
• Hands-on-experience with cloud security/designing secure systems on any major cloud provider
• Working experience in Agile development and scrum teams
• A software engineering background an advantage, as a minimum must be able to read code and understand algorithms in a modern programming language (Java, Python, etc.)
• Experience with assurance techniques and tools such as SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP
• Experience performing or facilitating penetration testing
• Previous experience in banking or finance related role advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top