Securities, Strats Management & Strategy Analyst, Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
SECURITIESOur core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Securities Division Management & Strategy team is seeking an Analyst to help drive initiatives globally for the Securities Division Strat business unit. The Strat business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to solve complex business problems. Strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and experience identifying ways to make processes more efficient and effective, as well as working successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders. A candidate should demonstrate comfort with complex workflow and financial analytics, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will:
- Leverage their technical skillset to automate data processes
- Work closely with senior Business Leaders to understand their franchises and keep track of key business initiatives
- Assist with the annual business planning process
- Work closely across multiple stakeholders to develop recommendations that enhance efficiency and improve accuracy
- Design and implement key process improvement recommendations
- Assist with year-end processes related to compensation and evaluation
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering Experience
- 0-1 year(s)
- Strong quantitative / statistical skill set
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effectiveness interacting with global stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top