Securities, Shares Trading, Analyst/Associate, Sydney
We're looking for an ambitious, hardworking, team player to utilize their skills to build clients relationships across a wide range of asset managers, sovereign wealth accounts and hedge funds to drive business across Australia.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Shares trading team is comprised of three pods: Japan, Asia ex Japan, and Australia, which is where you will focus. The team trades in a principal capacity with the primary focus on helping to facilitate client trade requests. As part of this process you will trade equities, swaps, futures and FX to manage inbound client requests and our internal book. The team commits capital across a broad spectrum of countries, sectors, market caps and liquidity profiles.
You will help the One Delta Equity Trading team trade Equities, Swaps, Futures and FX to hedge their book and facilitate client requests in Australia. The facilitation desk covers a broad range of clients from long-only asset managers and sovereign wealth accounts to hedge funds.
1. Execute equity, swap, futures and FX trades and handle through settlement
2. Assist in tracking unwind PnL versus a hypothetical benchmark PnL
3. Review book composition and risk
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Relevant Bachelor's/Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Finance with an excellent academic record
• 2-3 years of Shares Trading Experience
• Strong Modelling skills
• Strong skills in Excel spreadsheet analysis
• Solid work ethics and high levels of motivation
• Ability to multitask
• Team Player
• Hard working with a strong willingness to learn
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Commercially focused, team oriented, self-motivated
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top