Securities - Sales Trading - Executive Director - London
Application Opening Date: 07 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 03 January 2019
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading enables clients to execute trades directly through the Goldman Sachs (GS) trading infrastructure (rather than placing an order with a sales trader for execution by a trading desk). Direct Market Access (DMA) refers to clients placing orders on exchanges following an execution strategy they define themselves. GS also offers a suite of Algorithmic Trading strategies which clients can select to allow our algorithmic trading engine to target a specific execution benchmark on their behalf.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The team is responsible for selling, managing and developing the electronic trading capabilities of the firm's sales trading services.
Sales - Includes sales, marketing and acquisition. We pitch the full suite of electronically tradable products, including Equities, Futures, Options and Synthetics, and discuss the DMA and algorithmic trading execution channels. We work closely with the more traditional businesses within Equities, such as Cash Sales Trading, Program Trading and Prime Brokerage in order to target DMA and Algorithmic business from existing customers as well as the outright acquisition of new customers.
Coverage - Includes both sales trading and trading functions, providing client support and trading. The team has the same relationship management responsibilities as the traditional desks and act as execution consultants covering the Algorithmic trading strategies.
- Account coverage for global and domestic institutions. Develop relationships with customers.
- Work with internal members to develop our product.
- Act as execution consultants to provide real-time and strategic trading solutions to clients and internal users.
- Provide clients with trading and liquidity advice.
- Contribute to Sales campaigns and cross-selling efforts across desks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required
- Significant professional experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry required
- Must be CFA qualified or working towards certification
- Client facing and sales experience required
- Strong familiarity with electronic trading, analytical research, quantitative pre and post trade analysis required
- Familiarity with transaction cost and equity market research, software development and data-mining required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement and strategic cost reduction initiatives required
- Experience with reporting, tracking performance of trading algorithms, data collection and analysis required
- Strong financial evaluation skills required
- Experience with Excel VBA, Linux/Unix and Windows environments and Bloomberg required
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, Python, C/C++/C#, Perl and Shell scripting required
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge in equity products
- Driven and goal-oriented, focused on success
- Familiarity with Execution Management Systems, Order Routing, Algorithmic Trading and Transaction Cost Performance management.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top