Securities - Residential Structured Finance - Associate - New York
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Residential Structured Finance business within the Securities Division is looking for a senior Analyst, Associate or junior VP level professional. Activity covers spectrum of residential assets and associated financial products including: agency/non-agency new originations, non-performing/re-performing loans, investor loans, single family rental, manufactured housing, second liens, HELOCs, iBuyer, bridge loans, mortgage servicing rights, etc. The role will involve the sourcing, structuring, and marketing of securitizations which are broadly marketed and sold to institutional investors, warehouse and term financings, principal transactions, advisory assignments, and collaborating with colleagues across Trading, Sales and/or Investment Banking on transactions and client relationship management.
Scope of Role
- Active client engagement on an ongoing basis including sourcing new opportunities, execution of live deals, and managing existing client relationships. The candidate would work closely with colleagues from various internal teams, including but not limited to other parts of the Securities Division, Investment Banking professionals, legal, regulatory compliance, internal diligence teams, etc.
- Perform due diligence on warehouse and term financings, securitization and investment opportunities, which includes market research, on-site evaluation, analytical risk-based modeling and asset valuation work, and assessment of legal, regulatory compliance and other risks. Review and negotiate underlying deal documentation and conduct transaction structuring
- Marketing and distribution of asset-backed securitizations including engaging with institutional investors and managing rating agency process
- 2-6 years of relevant work experience
- Commercial and analytical with an understanding of financial / capital markets
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Solid work ethic and high level of motivation
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives - a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top